Just the other day, I was asking people “Should I Die This Year or Next Year?” I admitted to it being a strange question and added:
It’s not a common question typed into Google. (Sidenote: I would love to see the most ridiculous questions ever typed into Google. Example: I just typed “What noise do teletubbies make when you touch their tummy?” <- long story)
While I’m not yet able to see the worst things ever typed into Google, I am able to see exactly how people stumbled upon my blog. With the help of Google Analytics, I’m able to see exactly what people typed into Google to find me.
I would like to imagine that most people type in “World’s Best Personal Finance Blog,” and Google responds “Did You Mean: Funancials?” BUT unfortunately this isn’t usually the case.
Sometimes, though, people are searching for something completely different and land here instead. 🙂
I will now open up my analytics and show you…
The Most Ridiculous Ways People Found My Website
- Google Search: “Online Dating For Married Couples Is Weird”
- Article They Got Instead: Why Is Online Dating Weird?
- My Response: I agree wholeheartedly. Married couples that are dating online is extremely weird. It’s even weirder that you decided to tell Google that.
- Google Search: “What To Do If You Don’t Have A Job, Girlfriend, Or Money”
- Article They Got Instead: How To Get a Job and Girlfriend
- My Response: Honestly, you’re screwed. Unless you are a [insert next Google search]...
- Google Search: “Big Swinging Dick”
- Article They Got Instead: Liar’s Poker and Big Swinging Dicks
- My Response: How disappointed are you, skank-a-lank?
- Google Search: “Homeless Man Can I have The Footlong And You Have The Six Inch?”
- Article They Got Instead: I Was Housed By A Homeless Guy
- My Response: I sincerely hope these are the lyrics to some rap song, otherwise what in the world are you asking?
- Google Search: “The Human Touch Is All But Gone”
- Article They Got Instead: I have no clue.
- My Response: So deep, grasshopper. And so true.