Is the housing bubble behind us?
Is the housing bubble ahead of us?
Are you having Déjà vu?
Yea, me too…
Re-inflating The Housing Bubble
I have read several books concerning the causes of the Financial Crisis and The Great Recession, but I’m not going to get into the nitty, gritty details right now. It’s almost the weekend and your attention span is waning.
There were several factors that played a role in creating the crisis, but I will only touch on the high points.
Here’s a timeline:
1. Through several Presidencies, the government pushes the importance of homeownership.
2. Administrators push banks to lend to low-income consumers with weaker credit.
3. Banks refuse.
4. Agencies insure the mortgages shifting liability from the bank to tax-payers.
5. Banks comply.
6. The risky borrowers default.
7. The government sues the banks for originating risky mortgages.
8. Banks tighten credit.
We’ve come full circle! I can’t wait to do it all over again.
I can’t make this stuff up…