Since I started blogging a year ago, I’ve tried to keep my identity a secret. Although I enjoy reading about other bloggers’ personal lives, I’ll always have a strong attraction to anonymity. It’s kind of like reading a book versus watching a movie. You’re able to create an image of each character in your mind and they can be whoever you want. In the same respect when a blogger blogs anonymously, they can be what you want them to be.
The only downside to hiding my true identity is that it hinders the potential relationship with readers. Can you really relate to someone whom you know nothing about? Not easily…
That’s why I’m going to divulge a few details. Here are a few things you didn’t know about me:
1. Regardless of how much I eat or work out, I always weigh 185 lbs on the dot.
2. While my weight remains constant, my height always seems to fluctuate. I’m between 5’6″ and 6’4″ depending on which convenience store I walk in.
3. I’m actually 6’1″.
4. My dream as a child was to graduate from an ACC school, which I did.
5. I spend a lot of time thinking about what to write on my blog but spend very little time writing. When I sit down to write, I’m super speedy.
6. I like my martinis how I like my humor.
7. My drink of choice is bourbon & Coke.
8. I have ornithophobia, a fear of birds. In 1st grade I was severely scarred by an encounter with a peacock. I later find myself scared of anything with wings: birds, butterflies, Maxi pads…
9. March Madness is like Christmas for me. I love basketball. And I love Christmas.
10. I’ve read more books in the past 6 months than I have in the prior 25 years. I don’t know if this is impressive or terrible.
11. I love recording TV shows. My favorites are: Boardwalk Empire, The Firm, Entourage, Eastbound & Down, and Suits.
12. If I watch unrecorded TV, it’s HGTV. I love watching home improvement shows.
13. I have better conversations with strangers than friends and family. If I know you and know ABOUT you, I lose the curiosity that sparks most questions.
14. I have never purchased a lottery ticket.
15. I have only used one coupon in my life and it was a week ago.
16. I don’t let sales, promotions, or discounts affect what or when I buy. If I want something, I buy it.
17. I had Lasik eye surgery just over a year ago. It’s the best investment I’ve ever made.
18. I’m really bad at communicating.
19. Basketball was always my primary sport but I won a State Championship in tennis.
20. I have broken my nose twice and because of this, I can only breathe out of one nostril.
21. I have a strong collection of watches.
22. One day I hope my hobby of writing leads to other opportunities.
As always, thanks for reading.